The Korea International Trade Association(KITA) was established in 1946 with the objective of advancing the Korean economy through trade, and is currently the largest business organization in Korea with over 71,000 member companies. Representing the interests of Korea's global traders, KITA serves a diverse range of roles including:
providing hands-on support to trade companies, drawing trade cooperation from the private sector, formulating new trade strategies, nurturing trade professionals and building trade infrastructure. With a widely established network of 13 domestic offices and 10 overseas branches in major cities, KITA has consolidated its position as a leading business organization dedicated to assisting SMEs in gaining foreign market entry and has actively contributed towards Korea's recent achievement of 1 trillion dollars in trade volume.
- 105 pioneering traders launched KITA on July 31, 1946, and since its founding, the organization laid the foundation for economic growth by setting policy directions in trade, as well as developing the national trade infrastructure.
- Our Goal
- KITA's goal is to contribute to the development of the national economy as a private economic organization through advocacy of the Korean trade industry's rights and interests, and thereby facilitating global trade.
- Five Key Objectives
- Propose suggestions and related policy improvements to the government for protecting the rights and interests of its member companies.
- Develop new foreign markets and enhance private sector trade.
- Organize world-class exhibitions.
- Foster global trade professionals.
- Conduct investigations and studies for increasing national competitiveness.
- Establish e-trade infrastructure and expand user base.
- Looking Ahead
- Since Korea's trade volume reached 1 billion dollars in 1967, the country has achieved remarkable economic growth over the past few decades, becoming the ninth country in the world in 2011 to attain a trillion-dollar trade volume. This signifies a new opportunity for Korea to raise its status in the global economic arena. To create a new paradigm fit for this new chapter in trade, KITA will make its utmost effort to lay the groundwork for future trade through maximizing Korea's status as an FTA hub, bolstering growth and strengthening support for the Korean trade industry.